Sunday, November 11, 2018

Morning Routine

How you wake up in the morning will set the tone for the rest of your day! I got this idea from watching a YouTube video about Waking Up in the Morning.

If you wake up and feel annoyed that you have to be getting out of bed so early, you will feel annoyed the rest of the day.

If you wake up and feel excited about something that is happening during the day, you will automatically carry energy and positivity with you during the day.

If you wake up and think about things that you are grateful for, you will have a spirit of gratitude with you throughout the day.

You may be thinking, "What if I don't feel excitement about anything in my life right now?" You can overcome this obstacle by planning something to look forward to each day. It could be as simple as playing the piano for a few minutes after work, or going out for ice cream that day. Remind yourself about that thing you are excited to do in the morning so that it is on your mind. And there is always something to be grateful for!

This may sound silly, but I actually have a morning routine that I follow, and it WORKS! I do these things daily and it helps me to start each day off right. You are welcome to try as much or as little of this for your own daily routine!

My morning routine:
  • Watch inspirational video clip (10 minutes) Ex: (Fall Forward, Retrain Your Mind, Find Yourself, Morning Motivation, I can, I will, I must)
  • Take a shower (10 minutes)
  • Scripture Reading (20 minutes) To learn positive messages and doctrine. I read scriptures or General Conference talks
  • Positive Self Talk: (3 sentences!)
    • Heather I'm proud of you for ____. I say 3 things that I'm proud of myself for. Three meaningful things that maybe only I know that I've done.
    • Heather I forgive you for _______. I say one thing that I felt bad about that I decide to let go. I forgive myself and don't worry about it anymore.
    • Heather I commit to you that _____. I make a commitment to myself that I will do one thing each day that is important to me. I keep that commitment to myself.
  • Exercise (20 minutes- I have actually recently moved doing this to the evenings. But if you shower in the evenings I would recommend doing this in the morning to help wake your body up before reading.)
  • List 3 Things I'm sincerely grateful for (2 minutes)
  • Breakfast (I eat while listening to a meaningful song that will inspire me for the day. I use an iPod with headphones so as to not wake anyone else up. :) )
Sacrifice! Get up just a little bit earlier to make everyday a GREAT day! This morning routine adds about an hour to my day but makes it start so much better!