Sunday, November 11, 2018

I'm a Survivor

Yesterday I wrote a post on Facebook about how I was feeling:

"I am a survivor! Of enduring tragic loss & trauma... And this morning I'm feeling proud to be where I am today!

When if first happened over 2 years ago, I'll admit that I didn't feel that way at all. The idea of being a "survivor" was terrible. I wished I wasn't...Why did I have to go on alone?

Yet, over time I have started to see the beauty of life again & realize that I can take control of my own destiny. I look forward to opportunities & possibilities.


In church we are studying the many names of Christ right now--and the different meanings that these names have--Savior, Redeemer, Lord, etc. At this point in time I feel like I am most grateful for him as my "Messiah," meaning deliverer. He is delivering me from my pain, heartache, despair, trauma, and leading me in a path of safety and hope. I feel so blessed to have his hope, love, and peace through this all!

It hasn't been all peaches and cream, I've had my good and bad days, but I feel proud of growth I've had and where I'm at today!" #feelingvictorious #hopeinchrist
 





My mom responded "Heather, you make my heart proud. I have watched you go through so much and you amaze me with your strength and beauty. You are not only a survivor, but a warrior who takes on any challenge and comes out victorious. I love you!"

This comment made my heart happy. I realized that I am a fighter. I have been taught how to get through difficult times and to have a positive attitude through it all.

This helped me realize that I need to continue this blog to try and help others to find the same joy, happiness, and positivity through their trials as well. I will continue to post some nuggets of wisdom that I have with you.